Olympic Party Hire
Terms and Conditions
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions:
“Owner” Olympic Party Hire
“Hirer” The Legal entity or person/s hiring the equipment from Olympic Party Hire
“Equipment/ item” All items that are hired and collected by the Hirer or Delivered by the Owner to the Hirer whether the items have been paid for or not, The equipment/ item shall always remain the Property of the Owner and is not to be sold
“Owners Warehouse” The premises where items are stored, collected/ distributed, returned and is the place of Business for the Owner
“Deposit” non-refundable 30% of the entire amount due per invoice/ booking.
“Cancellation” the cancellation of the booking/ hire by the Hirer
“GST” Goods and Services Tax as defined in A New Tax System (Good and Services Tax) Act 1999
“Priority Items” any Sub-hired equipment/ item, Luxury portable toilet, Cool room & Temporary Structures.
“Temporary Structures” Pavilions, Pagodas, Marquees and all associated equipment & materials
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the use and or operation of the hire Equipment and hereby agrees to release and fully indemnify the Owner against any third-party claims, actions, demands, suits, costs, and expenses for damage or injury or death to a person or persons or property arising directly or indirectly out of the hire or use of the Equipment by the Hirer or persons associated with the Hirer.
- GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the correct use and or operation of the hired Equipment. The Hirer agrees not to modify or permanently attach anything to the Equipment for their own purposes whilst on hire and shall return the Equipment in the same condition as they received it. All Equipment or part thereof and associated packaging (including boxes, crates, tubs, bags, and containers) that are lost, damaged, broken, or stolen whilst on hire will be charged to the Hirer in full at present-day replacement value.
- Once the Owner has delivered the Equipment or the Hirer has collected the Equipment, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to handle and operate the Equipment in a proper, safe, and careful manner and only for the purpose and capacity for which it was designed. If on the rare occasion the Equipment develops an electrical, mechanical, or structural fault during the correct manner of use whilst on hire then it is the Hirer responsibility, in the interest of safety, to shut down, switch off or cease to operate or handle the Equipment until it is made safe, and the Owner is contacted, or the Equipment is collected whereupon an assessment will be made of its condition.
- COLLECTION OF EQUIPMENT
- If the equipment is to be collected by the Hirer from the Owner's Warehouse location (63-65 South Road, Thebarton SA 5031), the Hirer is required to provide valid photo identification. If an individual is picking up the equipment on behalf of the Hirer, they are required to provide valid photo identification in place of the Hirer.
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility to check that the correct items, colours, and quantities of Equipment are displayed on the invoice/collection docket and are thus provided to the Hirer.
- The Hirer is required to sign a hirer's agreement which includes reading, acknowledging, and accepting these Terms & Conditions.
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility to return all Equipment at the end of the hire period specified in the hire agreement. If the Hirer does not return Equipment at the end of this period, the charged amount will continue to accrue at the same hire rate as stated on the invoice (minus 50%), until the day on which the Equipment is returned complete and undamaged with all the accessories.
- If the Hirer requires the Owner to collect the items, a last-minute collection fee will be charged and must be paid for immediately.
- DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT
- All deliveries are to be made at street level whereby the floors must be clear, level, and free of any barriers. No responsibility will be taken by the Owner or employees of the owner for any damage caused during delivery or placement of Equipment. Additional charges will be made for any deliveries outside of the aforementioned conditions.
- If the Equipment is being delivered or collected by the Owner to or from the place of delivery or an agreed pick-up location, the Equipment must be readily accessible. If the Owner needs to return because they were unable to collect or deliver the Equipment at the agreed time and date, then an additional delivery/collection fee will be incurred.
- The Owner is not responsible for the set-up of the Equipment once it has been delivered unless an agreement in writing has been made between the Hirer and the Owner. The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the safety and security of the Equipment for the duration of the hire period except when a Security Person has been employed by the Hirer to keep watch over the Equipment during a designated time.
- Any additional labour that is required for set-up or pack down of Equipment that has not been agreed to in writing between the Hirer and Owner, is subject to additional fees at the discretion of the Owner.
- The Owner will not be liable for damage incurred to any hidden underground obstruction unless an exact location is marked by the Hirer.
- If any item (including temporary structure) has been ordered for erection or delivered by the Hirer and while constructing or delivering the temporary structure or equipment, the vegetation or building or property owned by the Hirer is damaged then the Owner will take no responsibility for such damages and the Hirer releases the Owner of any liability or responsibility for the damage. All care is taken to minimise any damage to the Hirer’s property however, unforeseen circumstances can occur beyond the Owners control during attempting to complete the work for the Hirer (please refer to section 11 for more information regarding force majeure).
- MARQUEES, PAVILIONS, PAGODAS & ALL TEMPORARY STRUCTURE
- All Pop-up marquees, Pavilions, Pagodas are specified as temporary structures.
- If threatening weather occurs, we advise all occupants to evacuate for their own safety.
- All temporary structure is considered a Priority Item (see section 9).
- LINEN/GLASSWARE/CUTLERY AND CROCKERY CONDITIONS
- Linen can be returned by the Hirer soiled but it must be dry.
- The Owner shall not be liable for any slight mark, imperfection, or creases that may be found when the linen is received by the Hirer.
- Any linen items returned with burns, tears, holes, staple marks or any other abnormalities will be charged to the Hirer in full for the current present-day price of the item.
- Glassware is to be returned in the designated carton, rinsed, and standing upright in the box.
- All cutlery is to be returned rinsed and free of any food. A fee of $0.20 per piece will be charged for unclean returns.
- All cutlery is sanitised prior to dispatch.
- All crockery is to be returned washed and free of any food. All crockery must be placed in the same container they were received in. A fee of $0.20 per piece will be charged to the Hirer for unclean returns.
- All crockery is sanitised prior to dispatch.
- PROPERTY ACCESS TO HIRED EQUIPMENT
- The Hirer acknowledges that all property in and title to the Equipment at all times remains with the Owner. The Hirer does not acquire any property in or title to the Equipment and the Hirer's interest in the Equipment is as Bailee of the Owner only.
- The Owner also reserves the right to terminate the Hire Contract at any given time and is entitled to take possession of the Equipment immediately. Equipment that has not been returned by the Hirer or access to collect Equipment at the end of the hire has been denied causes the Equipment to be deemed stolen, the relevant authorities will be notified to facilitate the retrieval of the Equipment.
- DEPOSITS, PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- All bookings require a 30% deposit within 7 days of receiving the booking confirmation. The deposit secures your items for your selected event date and is non-refundable, if the deposit is not paid we cannot guarantee all items will be available for your event date.
- The Hirer agrees to pay the hire charge at the rate specified listed or as agreed on the contract, from the commencement date of the hire until the Equipment is returned to the Owner or collected by the Owner's employees on behalf of the Owner.
- Occasionally some items, as determined by the Owner, may be excluded from a weekend hire, and may be collected earlier or delivered later, at an agreed time.
- Hire rates that are stated on the price list, contract, or invoice are based on a weekend period, or part thereof and in any case for one event or function only within the weekend period. The Owner reserves the right to amend or revise its rates or prices without notice.
- At the end of the hire period, the Owner may allow the Hirer to hold the Equipment for a longer period than was previously agreed - this is at the discretion of the Owner only.
- Payment of Equipment can be in the form of bank transfer, EFTPOS, credit card, debit card, cash. Cash payments may only be made at the Owner's Warehouse (63-65 South Road, Thebarton, SA 5031) either on the collection of goods (as per section) or 7 business days before delivery is scheduled. Drivers are unable to take payments in any way. Cheques, in any form, are not accepted. Payment for the hire of Equipment must be made 7 business days prior to the delivery day and may include a refundable bond unless otherwise arranged with the Owner. Unless otherwise stated the payment of any overdue balance for the equipment hired, lost, or damaged is due strictly 7 days from the date of the invoice.
- If full payment is not received and cleared prior to the scheduled delivery the Owner may withhold delivery and a further delivery cost may be incurred if rescheduled.
- Quotes are valid for 7 days only, bookings confirmed after this time are subject to the Owner's discretion. A quote does not guarantee the availability of the Equipment; this will be confirmed once a booking confirmation has been sent to the Hirer by the Owner or the Owner's Employees.
- Cancellations must be in writing, preferably email, to the Owner ([email protected]).
- If the customer has ordered priority items, any depository payment towards the following items remains non-refundable and non-transferable under all circumstances. These items include:
Temporary Structures (Pavilions, Pagodas, Marquees and all associated equipment & materials).
All sub-hired items
Luxury portable toilets
- All cancellation deadlines are considered in regards to the nominated event date, unless delivery of items is not within 5 days of the event date. In this case, the delivery date will be used in the event dates place.
- If the Hirer cancels their order or equipment not within 10 days of the event date, the 30% deposit remains non-refundable. The remaining balance paid that exceeds the required deposit amount may be refunded or turned into credit, at the Hirer’s request.
- If the Hirer cancels their order or equipment within 10 days of the event date, the 30% deposit remains non-refundable. The remaining balance paid that exceeds the required deposit amount will only be available as credit that may be used within 12 months of the cancellation date. Any payment toward a Priority Item remains non-refundable and will not be issued as a credit.
- All other orders and equipment cancelled less than 7 days before the event date will be charged at full rate plus the transport costs, if applicable. Changes to the Hirer’s order requested less than 48 hours before delivery or collection will be limited to additions only and will not be guaranteed. Additional delivery fees may be incurred.
- Credit notes can only be used on hire items of Olympic Party Hire and cannot be used on any sub-hired items. Unless otherwise stated, all credit notes are valid for 12 months.
- The Owner, at their discretion, may require a refundable bond to be paid before the hire period commences. This bond will be refunded to the Hirer once all the Equipment is returned undamaged and in the same condition as it was received by the Hirer.
- Any damage or losses will incur a fee to the value of the full replacement cost of the Equipment. This cost will be added to the total cost of the hire contract or deducted from the refundable bond. If the refundable bond is not sufficient to cover the total of the additional charges, then the balance will be paid by the Hirer to the Owner.
- Refunds to the Hirer can take the form of payment by the Owner, or a credit on the next Hirer Equipment hire, set at the discretion of the Owner.
- The damage waiver (DW) is an optional product offered by the Owner that waives the Hirer's financial responsibility for damages incurred to the Equipment hired, provided you have not violated the hire terms & conditions in another manner.
- The DW is calculated as 8% of the total hire fee, excluding delivery/collection charges.
- If any equipment is damaged during the hire period, the Hirer must still return the items to the Owner, otherwise they will be charged at full replacement cost.
- The damage waiver does not cover the following items:
More than 20 pieces of glassware or 5 pieces of crockery or cutlery in total per order
The cost of any damage or loss due to theft or vandalism
Any items that have been sub-hired (Cool rooms, Toilets, Furniture etc)
Pavilion coverage is limited to accidental damage up to $900 or 8% of the hire total – whichever is greater.
- PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- Information collected via telephone, email, on our website, or in person, is respected and used only for the purposes of providing a better service to the Hirer. At no time will any personal information be shared, sold, or rented to a third party and we guarantee to keep your identity and Hirer details strictly confidential unless we suspect you are in breach of our Terms and Conditions policy and have been engaged in unlawful activities requiring disclosure to the relevant authorities.
- Any details supplied may be used for marketing purposes and financial reasons, however, a no-names-attached policy is fundamental.
- We may provide links to other websites; however, this is only done for the ease of the Hirer navigation and in no way causes Olympic Party Hire to be responsible for any images, graphics, or content displayed on these websites as they are not under the control of Olympic Party Hire. The inclusion of the link does not necessarily imply any endorsement of the company or organisation we are linked to but purely gives rise to our recommendation to browse the linked site for relevant information and interest.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- If the Owner is unable at any time to perform any of its obligations whether wholly or partly by reason of any cause beyond its control (including without limitation, acts of God, inclement weather, strikes, lockouts, fires, riots, civil commotion or unrest, interference by civil or military authorities or act of war) the Owner may give written notice to that effect to the Hirer, giving full particulars of such force majeure in which case the obligations of the Owner under these terms shall, to the extent that they are affected by the force majeure, be suspended during the term of the force majeure. The Owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer as a result of any delays caused by such force majeure events.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Hirer accepts the Terms and Conditions once a booking has been made and confirmation has been made via email and an attached invoice.
- By accessing and or using this website you agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions of this company. Every effort is made to keep the website operating correctly; however, Olympic Party Hire takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical problems beyond its control. The Terms and Conditions at any time can be modified to suit the changing business needs and as soon as the changes are posted and visible the amended terms and conditions are effective.
- The Hirer hereby unconditionally accepts these Terms and Conditions and acknowledges that the acceptance is a conditional procedure that is fully understood and confirmed by the Hirer once possession of the Equipment is taken from the Owner.
- IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- As per section 4.1, the Hirer is required to provide a valid SA Driver's Licence or Australian Passport upon collection or before delivery of the Equipment.
- In the event that an individual or business is picking up the equipment on behalf of the Hirer, they are required to provide valid photo identification in place of the Hirer. If the individual or business does not wish to provide valid identification, the Hirer is required to email a copy of valid identification to [email protected].
- I hereby accept these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that the acceptance is a conditional procedure that I fully understand and confirm once possession of the Equipment is taken from the Owner.